Friday, August 10, 2012

Book Reviews

So with all the power outages and internet issues, it has been really easy to keep up with my book a week plan

Actually, I think I am ahead by a few.

LOTS of reading time here.

However, I have not been so good at keeping up with my book reviews.

Anyway, here are the books I have read recently

The House on Mango Street: A really wonderful book of short stories. Told from the perspective of a young immigrant girl

Don’t be Afraid Gringo – A Honduran Woman Speaks: I think this a must read for anyone living in Honduras! Plus, the introduction provides a really sucint, but thorough history of Honduran land reform movement.

The Massacre at El Mozote: GAAAAH!!! How have I never heard about this! In 1981, a US trained branch of the El Salvadoran Army, entered a remote village (which is located just over the border from where I am now), and massacred over 700 people. Many of them children. In horrible, and violent ways. And the US government kept funding them!!! READ. THIS. BOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment