Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fun facts

A few quick facts about my life the past few days:

- We are currently hosting a medical brigade from Spain here at the Ranch. I have learned that Spain Spanish is a whole new ballgame. It has taken me two full days to get to the point were I understand them.

- I spent six hours in Tegus last night waiting for two buses. One of which never arrived, and the other arrived two hours late.

- I have gotten over my fear of talking on the phone in Spanish. Why? Because, I have to do it ALL the time. This morning my phone went off at 6:30am (I had gotten back from Tegus at 12:30am), and I pulled of an entire conversation in Spanish, while only half awake. That is progress my friends.

- I am sort of sick of my phone ringing. 

- I have officially been here at the Ranch for two months. TWO MONTHS! Wow. I'm not sure where time went.

- I have awesome parents (and an awesome Mollie) who are sending a box of books, that a visitor will bring down here in a week or so. My girls are going to freak out when I bring new books to hogar.

- Money is a bit tight here at the Ranch. Today, I realized I was super excited when they served rice with the beans. I hadn't seen rice in a while, and it was a real treat.

- And finally, life is crazy busy. We have a bunch of groups coming and going over the next few weeks. I will do my best to keep up my blogging. Also, this computer continues to make me turn into a raving lunatic when I have to write very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment