Thursday, July 19, 2012

And the winner is...

Santa Lucia!!

Yep, for the next year the Shoulder to Shoulder clinic in Santa Lucia, Intibuca Honduras is going to be my new home.

So where the heck is that? 
Luckily, I have this handy map to show you!
Apparently, I can walk to El Salvador in 30 minutes if I feel like it.

What is the town like?
Well, Wikipedia has LOTS (insert sarcastic tone here) to say about it.

Sadly, since the good ol'internet seems to be hardly aware of existence of Santa Lucia, I am going to have to fill you in on the details of the town when I arrive, next week.

What will you be doing?
So that is a three part description:
 Assistant Brigade Coordinator
 Basically, I act as a facilitator/translator/servant for visiting Medical Brigades
Dental Program Volunteer
I will work with the dental clinics in both Santa Lucia, and Concepcion on education initiatives, outreach and act as a liason between the US based dentists and Honduran staff.
You can read more about the Dental Program HERE.
Santa Lucia Education Volunteer
I will work on health education initiatives, which are primarily based out of the library project in Santa Lucia. As part of this, I will work with the Scholarship students in Santa Lucia on various projects.
You can read more about the Library Project HERE
And the Scholarship Program HERE
Okay, so I know that is real vague, but I am still learning the descriptions of my job etc.

How do you feel about all of this?
I think this photo just about sums it up:

I'm so freaking excited about ALL of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment