Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just a phone call

I just finished a phone call with someone and I am about as happy with myself as can be!

Want to know why? Because the entire call was in Spanish! It was my first official work call, and it went as smooth as can be.

I was really really nervous but my job involves a lot of phone communication, so I decided to stop procrastinating it and just go for it.

 He understood everything I was saying, and even better, I understood all of his responses.

It seems small but, the thing about living in another country is that even the little things take more energy or more thought than they otherwise would.  I had to think about what I wanted to say ahead of time, and make sure I knew all the vocabulary I needed to ask my question. I doubt I have ever had to do that in English.

Hooray!! Who knew a five minute phone call could make you so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment