Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bad Day Update

In order to work on my habit of spending more time looking at the positive, I am providing a bad day update:

My computer has survived!
Positive Side: I live with awesome people who are always willing to help me out (THANKS JOHN)!
Positive Side: I now know how to disassemble a computer, and dry it out in case of future water spillage. Never a bad skill to have.

I feel better!
Positive Side: I was not sick very long.
Positive Side: Being sick really does make you appreciate being healthy

The Brigade is wrapping up!
Positive Side: I am exhausted, but I can say that I helped doctors provided over 800 consults, and 94 operations, at almost no cost, to patients who probably never would have gotten this care.
Positive Side: I got to translate a ton over the course of the last week.

My head is just fine!
Positive Side: Looking back, this story is really funny.

Positive Side of it All: My bad day was just that - One. Day. Nothing more.

Now, I am going to drop off the rest of the brigade at the airport and join the volunteers in the city to watch the Real Madrid vs. Barcelona (bigger than Yankees vs. Red Sox) game!

Life in Honduras is good, good, good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment