Monday, October 29, 2012

H. to the Opkins

The Johns Hopkins medical brigade is currently in town, so I have not had much of a chance for updates.  They are keeping my very busy, since I am the only one working this brigade, but it has been a lot of fun.

Everyday, we load about at 7:30 (really it ends up being 8:00 or so but we are operating on Honduran time), and head out to some new location to do field clinics.

So far this week we have seen:
- A possible case of Chagas
- A possible case of TB
- A woman whose knee cap has been firmly located in her thigh for the past four years
- Lots of pneumonia
- And absolutely EVERYTHING in between.

The Brigade Leader, Ed Zueroweste, has basically become my idol. He works for the Migrant Health Network, as the medical director as is a nationally recognized TB expert. Not to mention just an amazing person.

This has probably been one of the more educational weeks of my life... when it is over I am going to sleep for three days straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment