Thursday, October 18, 2012

Skills

You pick up some interesting skills when living in another country.

I am great at scaling bathroom stalls after being locked in one in Bolivia

I know how to get a Honduran dog to stop chasing you.

I am great at buying snacks out of bus windows

And now, I know how to wash long hair with a bucket shower!

Camasca, where Jill just got a position, only has running water every other day. And even then, only for a few hours in the morning.

This means that time spent in Camasca is also time spent taking bucket showers.

At first, it was a bit of a task but, then last night I figured out I was going about it all wrong. 

Instead of bringing the bucket to me, I needed to go to the bucket! Just squat down and stick your whole head in.

Okay, so I look a bit like this dude


But it works! 
I'm going to start putting that on my resume!

No comments:

Post a Comment