Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I’m not religious but..

I’m not religious but, sometimes I am stunned by the generosity people demonstrate in honor of their religion, god, faith, or whatever they want to call it.

Today was a day like that.

Today, we visited Casa Passionista. It is run by the Passionists. A religious order that I can honestly say I know nothing about.

Casa Passionista was originally started as a hospice home for individuals dying of AIDS. Today, it functions more as a long term care facility for individuals living with HIV or AIDS. Some individuals will live there for the rest of their lives. Some will simply come when they are sick.

While Casa Passionista is not technically part of the NPH ranch, they welcome volunteer visitors. My new plan is to locate a puzzle and take it up there to work on.

I love a good puzzle.

1 comment:

  1. Did you like puzzles before your trip WY? Will you finish it in one night? :)

    ReplyDelete