Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sano y Salvo

After 15 hours on a bus, I have arrived safe and sound at Rancho Santa Fe! 
Everyone has been incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Volunteers are here for 13 months (staring in July or January) so that departing and arriving volunteers overlap by a month.
Currently there are about twenty volunteers here, including the six of us who are new.

This morning has mostly just been sipping coffee and chatting.
I took my first cold shower of the year. 
From now on, I am going to try and keep that to an afternoon activity. Brrr.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything. 
Mostly just the fact that I will be here for the next 13 months or so. 
I'm pretty sure that is to be expected.

Tomorrow begins two weeks of orientation.
I'm very ready to get started on everything! 

respira.

No comments:

Post a Comment