Sunday, January 29, 2012

Talonga on the brain.

Thursday we visited the Comedor Infantil in Talonga. A children’s lunch program that NPH just recently started supporting.

Talonga, up until recently was the Peace Corps training center in Honduras. It is an incredibly poor town about thirty minutes from the Ranch.

The Comedor provides lunch Monday – Friday for 36 children from the surrounding neighborhood.

It is incredible. I’m pretty sure I am in love. Like, maybe it is the reason I was suppose to come to Honduras.

I woke up at 7:30 in the morning on Saturday morning thinking about Talonga. It is pretty much on my mind all the time. Just thinking about it makes my heart go faster.

I am currently plotting ways to make it a part of my time here. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment