Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shower thoughts.

I had an "aha" moment in the shower last night.

I was thinking about class that morning, and it suddenly hit me why "how do you spell it," in Spanish is
"como se deletrea"
All of a sudden all these grammar lessons from the past several years came together, and it made total sense.

Why does this matter?
Cause I had a rough morning in class. Some days are just like that with Spanish. At least for me. One day I feel like I am doing great, and the next I feel like I can't say anything. Not. One. Single. Word.

This was one of the not so good days. I kept making the same silly mistakes I have been making for years. Forgetting concepts that I know.  I couldn't communicate even the simple things I wanted to say.

Or that is at least how it felt. 

Some days I just want to have it already. To always know how to say exactly what I want to say. Like I do in English. To finally be fluent.

The Cure?
I walked to the store. Purchased a packet of Emperadors (a cookie that I ate in Mexico constantly). And, reminded myself of "como se deletrea." Two years ago, I was nowhere near where I am now.
It will come. Little by little. Poco a poco.

Anything worth having, is worth working for.


No comments:

Post a Comment